I have been trying to get healthy for a while now… and by healthy I mostly mean skinny. 😉 I am watching what I eat, I have been trying to exercise, and I am trying to cut back on silly things like soda and chocolate… crazy, I know! It is HARD! I have done really well though, last week I had a salad for 8.dinner every night while my family ate delicious fried foods and carbs; and over the weekend I even ate a salad from a fast food place! I am drinking more water too.
So, it is working? Kind of. My skin feels different, healthier. My hair is even looking a bit healthier and I can look in the mirror and see some small changes… very small, but I will take what I can get at this point. The biggest advantage came Saturday night when I went to a private shopping party with a friend, I tried on a pair of pants that just a few weeks earlier I had tried on and didn’t fit… this time, THEY FIT! So, naturally I bought them!! Anything that my fat butt fits into and looks good in is coming home with me!
I am now on the search for what the best healthy foods are and how I can kick this thing into gear (and by thing I mean my butt). I am even watching Dr. Oz. Now, I must admit that isn’t a difficult sacrifice, he is pretty easy on the eyes. But, he actually has some pretty good health tips on there. Here are some of the tips that I have learned over the last three weeks of watching his show.
1. If your pee isn’t clear and light colored, you need more water.
2. If you poo isn’t light brown and mashed potato consistency, you need more fiber… or your gallbladder and/or pancreas aren’t functioning right.
3. Losing 10 pounds is enough to take 40 pounds of pressure off the joints in your knees.
4. Wearing high heels that are more than 2 inches in height can cause permanent damage to your ankles, feet, knees and lower back.
5. There is no way to get rid of cellulite… there are ways to hide it, but no real way to get rid of it.
6. Cranberries are better for your body than almost any other fruit. They are considered a super fruit.
7. Women and men display heart attack and stroke symptoms very differently.
8. Your va-jay-jay can show your doctor signs of things that you never dreamed possible.
9. 30 minutes of exercise a day can lower your risk of heart attack and stroke by a large percentage (forgot what exactly it is).
10. Dr. Oz is a little pervy and stuck on himself! 🙂 (But I still like his show)
What are your favorite health tips? What have been your worst health tips?