Nothing makes me happier than a clean house. That might sound shallow, but my calm comes from clean – not chaos. So, anytime I can find a way to speed clean, I’m on it!!
I once had a friend say to me, “it never takes you long to clean your house.” That was the biggest compliment I could have ever gotten!! I have a goal of always being 15 minutes from having a “clean” house. We have our problem areas just like everyone (the clutter catching kitchen desk, the entryway clogged with shoes)… but, I always try to have my house fairly clean so that it only takes a few minutes to make it look nice.
Usually we spend about an hour each Saturday deep cleaning the house, but I love these quick tasks to keep up on stuff through the week.
I have found some of the best ways to utilize 5, 10, or 15 minutes to be productive and knock out those little tasks that always seem to get left behind in the daily grind. Pick one of these things (or choose your own) when you have a few spare minutes and watch how easy it becomes to keep your house clean on a regular basis.
Here are some of my ideas for speed cleaning sessions!
If you have 5-10 minutes:
- Wipe down your counters.
- Pick up your living room (fold blankets, toss toys into a basket, straighten end tables)
- Clean your toilet.
- Make your bed.
- Have your kids pick up the yard (toys and balls)
- Clean the trash out of your car
- Clean your mirrors in the bathroom.
- Put away one basket of laundry.
If you have 10-15 minutes:
- Clean your bathroom (wipe down toilet, spray shower and rinse, wipe down sinks and counters)
- Sweep and mop your floors in one room.
- Load your dishwasher
- Clean off your desk
- Change a load of laundry.
If you have 15-20 minutes:
- Vacuum your floors.
- Sort through the clothes in your closet (keep, donate, trash)
- Empty your dishwasher and reload it
- Clean your kitchen (do dishes, wiped down counters and stove, sweep floor)
- Deep clean the bathroom (scrub the shower/tub, clean the toilet inside and out, sweep the floors, wipe down counters, and clean the mirrors)
What are your best tips for speed cleaning your house?
COMING UP: My favorite ways to get kids involved in cleaning!!