Plan of attack. That’s what I need right now. For every.single.thing. in my life.
Fall has come with a vengeance in our house, and it’s kicking butt and taking names… mine in particular. I pride myself on being organized and focused. What’s that saying about pride coming before the fall?? Well, it’s true in my life right now. My house is in disarray, my brain is just shutting down in every area, and I am overlooking things that are important.
So, it’s time to get things kicked into gear, and get my butt – and my family’s – back on track. Here’s the plan.
1. 5 minutes. I am going to take 5 minutes every morning to look over my schedule for the day, before I do anything else. I will see what the kids have upcoming and plan accordingly.
2. Schedule. I have a calendar on my wall, and I have a Google calendar. I am going to use them for something other than decoration. Starting now, all details of my life are going into a calendar of some sort, so I can accomplish #1 with ease.
3. Plan Dinner. A week or so ago, I posted on freezer cooking. Well, here’s the thing. Those meals are good, if you remember to set them out or put them in the crockpot. If not, they haven’t helped you at all. So, I’m planning. I am going to make a meal planning calendar for our house and I am going to use it for planning and shopping purposes.
4. Say no. I will learn to say no to things that aren’t important. I refuse to be a hamster in a wheel, and I refuse to be a walking zombie for myself or my family. They deserve my attention, and I deserve to be able to give it to them.
5. Let it go! Queen Elsa was onto something. Let it go. I spend far too much time over analyzing things at home and work. This leads to anxiety and stress. Which leads to being a grouch. Which leads to unhappy husband and kids, and unhappy me. I’m done.
6. Work it. I’m going to take 30 minutes a day to work out. I must do this. I have to take time for myself so that I am healthy enough to be here for my family in the future. Plus, working out is great for making my mood better… and if I get strong and skinny, I’m one step closer to my dream of being a WWE Diva.
7. Clean. I am going to take 15 minutes every day to clean something. Usually, that will be my kitchen, but at least it will be done. Here’s something else. My family will be joining me in this – they don’t know it yet, but they will. Teamwork makes the dream work, right?? We will get our house back in order.
That’s it. That’s my plan for now. How do you combat stress and being unorganized? I’d love to hear your suggestions.